Thursday, November 03, 2005

Going to New York?

Oh My Cripes!! That’s what I was thinking last Sunday night lying in bed. Why? Because I had forgot I was flying to New York later in the week. It’s too bad that remembering didn’t help, since I’m still not packed and I’m leaving today. Packing makes me think about what I’m going to wear, and that makes me think about how cold it is*. My friend called me today to let me know it won’t be that cold, and to just bring a light jacket. Light jacket? A light jacket is called a rain coat man. This is Florida, and when it comes to jackets, I either go big… or go home. Whales use blubber to insulate themselves from the freezing ocean temperatures. I would do the same, but wearing a jacket is much healthier. When I say jacket I mean jacket, 3 shirts, gloves, hat, and pajama bottoms under my jeans. If it was socially acceptable I would just wear my wetsuit and booties around. Only downside is that you don’t have any pockets. I like having lots of pockets; the jacket I have now, has more space to put things then my suitcase does. This is probably why I will be stopped at the airport, that and the fact that I’m 6’2 and more rugged than a lumberjack. Well, lumberjack or baby’s bottom… kind of a toss up.


*I’m not complaining, I’m just saying. If I didn’t like it then I wouldn’t go.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my cripes this blog made me laugh way to loud. wish i could be up in new york. please take care and have fun.......

3:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i myself had the blubber and the jacket, maybe thats why i didnt catch a cold. see ya this weekend!!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home