Cereal
Sometime last week I ran out of cereal, which for me is very bad. Without a sugary incentive, I may skip out on breakfast all together and miss the most important meal of the day. I had planed on going shopping to pick up a new bag of the good stuff, but found out my Dad was going. To save myself a trip I added my cereal to his list, and in return allowed him to take my car (there are some nasty S curves on the way to Publix). I didn’t just add the word “cereal” to his list though; I made it as descriptive as possible to avoid any confusion on what to buy since I have very selective tastes. I wrote down “the cinnamon toast crunch knock off brand that’s in a BAG not a BOX”. I buy the bag of cereal to maximize return on investment. I need the most (in this case 2lb) cereal for the least amount of money. Above and beyond that I draw him a picture (which you can see below) of the cereal right on the list. I told him that he cant miss it since it’s the “taste you can see”. How wrong I was… what
does he come home with? A BOX of “Organic Harvest: Cinnamon Biscuits”!!! My knock off brand cereal is made from chicken feathers! I don’t want to wake up to an organic harvest…I wanna wake up to sugary chicken feathers! I pick up the box and turn it over expecting to see my usual mindless cartoons, but instead find 4 short essays on why eating organic cereal is so good for you. The cereal probably costs $7 since they hand pick the grains of wheat that are grown on hand plowed farms somewhere in beautiful Iowa . Needless to say I’m somewhat skeptical of this new cereal and haven’t worked up the nerve to try it. I have been polishing off my box of Honey Nut Cheerios, which is pretty good for a meager 9g of sugar.
does he come home with? A BOX of “Organic Harvest: Cinnamon Biscuits”!!! My knock off brand cereal is made from chicken feathers! I don’t want to wake up to an organic harvest…I wanna wake up to sugary chicken feathers! I pick up the box and turn it over expecting to see my usual mindless cartoons, but instead find 4 short essays on why eating organic cereal is so good for you. The cereal probably costs $7 since they hand pick the grains of wheat that are grown on hand plowed farms somewhere in beautiful

5 Comments:
You are not alone...my mom came home with Organic CHEERIOS- aka: "Purely O's." I was quite disturbed; they've grown on me now, but the principle remains intact. Enjoy your cinnamon biscuits. Love the artwork by the way. But don't quit your day job...
Thanks for the support... I just made another!
At least Honey nut cheerios helps to lower your cholestorol. You need to learn to ween off the sugar anyway.
chicken feathers? WHAT!!! thats insane!?!?!?
ummmm don't knock it till you try it! Organic rocks!!! You will find that your 12 cups of sugar in the morning aren't as good as that all grain goodness found in your new cereal. yummmm
(in all... thats what you get for not going to the store, and parents know whats good for you)
Post a Comment
<< Home