Monday, July 03, 2006

Misc Thoughts

I installed a new rubber shift boot and stubby antenna on my car this weekend. Afterwards I gave it a quick cleaning only to find a dead bee and praying mantis in my car. The bee I can understand flying into my car when I’m not looking, but a praying mantis… I mean really! When I was looking at his charred little body up close I noticed these things are pretty scary looking. I wonder why the sci-fi channel never made a movie called “Mantis” where a scientific experiment goes wrong creating giant praying mantis’ which attack a small town forcing an old exterminator to come out of retirement since the army can’t stop them with their conventional weapons. Of course one of the beasts would befriend a small child, who sees their softer side and tries to save them. The story would climax with the creator of the problem (the greedy, egotistical, CEO of the company “BioLabs”) being eaten, thus perpetuating the idea that when you mix radioactive waste with nature… something is going to grow extraordinarily big, become imbued with superpowers, and then eat you.

Swing dancing was awesome last Friday at UCF. Joel was the instructor and was cracking everyone up while teaching the class. Note to self: turn off cell phones while he’s instructing. I think the lesson part is the most fun because you constantly switch partners every 45sec. It’s like eating a box of chocolates… you never know whatcha gona get. Anyway, we are going again this Friday and should have a few more people that will be there. I’m not sure but there may have been more guys than girls that were with us. It was like some kind of alternate universe where guys had to take turns dancing with girls. It starts at 8, so if anyone was wondering. I think that going out swing dancing is much like the field of dreams…if you build it, they will come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home