Monday, May 22, 2006

Tuesday Part 2:

The Graduation

Well the drive over to the convention center was somewhat challenging because of the bad weather, but me and the Grandmothers got buckled up anyway. Fortunately… I had the best co-pilot that ay driver could ever ask for, Nan (Nan is on my Dad’s side and Grams is on my Mom’s side). Able to draw on years of experience in the passenger seat, she is able to help me make the split second decisions that keep us safe on the road. We have often thought of entering rally competitions, since her wisdom and my reflexes would be a formidable combination. And now…. A small portion of dialog from our trip:

Nan: Ok… Increase your windows wiper speed by one click…
Levi: Just one?
Nan: Just one, and check your lights... I don’t think there on.
Levi: Ummm, is it this knob here? Or is it this one?
Nan: Ok… its that one there… no not that one… ok good, now turn it to the right…no, the other right…
Levi: Its not… I mean I cant get it… what??? I think thats the brights…

Nevertheless we finally arrived safe and sound and I dropped off my elderly cargo. I think the most interesting thing about the graduation ceremony were the valedictorian speeches. The first girl gets up and immediately starts in about how she’s “All that and a bag of JESUS IS MY SAVOIR!!!” Her personal relationship with her Lord and Savoir Jesus Christ was starting to scare small children, and make grown men uneasy. According to her 8 min dissertation on religious ideals and 4 scriptures later, Jesus helped her get straight A’s and therefore loves her more. Now I’m a religious person, but would have to suggest not doing that at such an occasion to avoid running the risk of sounding self-righteous, judging, and like that psycho chick from the movie “Saved”.

The After Party

We went to Amuras, our Japanese sushi restaurant of choice to enjoy the finest sushi that Orlando has to offer. I am a big fan of wasabi, but just putting a little on your spicy tuna roll is for newbs. This being the case my father challenged me to a hardcore match via the Hydrogen Bomb. Much like a sushi walk-off, both of us consume a bomb and see who can chew the longest while remaining as expressionless as possible. Easy? Not really… Each Hydrogen Bomb is essentially a mouthful of caviar that has been soaked in wasabi until it turns green. The whole idea is that you chew the caviar for about 2 min without swallowing, and every time you bite down more wasabi is released into your cranium giving you a “wasabi rush” every 15 sec (in comparison, most newbies can endure 1 or 2 of these experiences a night) This “wasabi rush” is likened to a million needles being stuck into your head that spawns a pain that rushes over you like a wave. It started off fair enough, but my dad made a typical rookie mistake. By inhaling some of the wasabi into his lungs, he invoked uncontrollable coughing that eventually led him down the path of LOSING, leaving me the triumphant victor.

P.S. hey dad....BOO YAH

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL good one..the chick from "saved" LOL !nice..!

11:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PWND!!!!

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home