The Haircut
Most of the time my hair cuts are somewhat uneventful, but every now and then I leave with a good story. I went in to see Isa tonight to have my hair cut, since it was getting “poofy”. After about five minutes of trimming back my hair she stops, and starts staring at my scalp. Then she starts looking at it with the comb like she’s trying to find her contact lenses or something. So I start thinking “well… the next 30 sec are probably going to be horrifically disturbing”, and yet again I was right. “Levi” she says, “I don’t want to freak you out…. And don’t quote me on this… But I think you have a ring worm on your head”. I was like “Wow… ummm… ring worm… ahh ummm hmmm” and couldn’t quite grasp which emotion that would best suit the situation so I just yelled “AHHHH”. Then I knew that my mother was right when she told me to “STOP drinking the standing water… its bad for you”. As she was describing to me why she thought this, all I could say was “why do I have to have the ring worm farm on my head”. All of a sudden I could relate to people like lepers… “sooo this is what public humiliation and social alienation feels like… hmm”. Anyway she finishes cutting my hair and I run home to my mama. I walk in and yell: “MOMMMM the lady at the hair cut place says I have ring worms on my headdd”. So she says: “Well bring me the light, because if you do it will leave a permanent bald spot on your head”. WHEW! That’s reassuring, because I thought having worms on your head was bad thing! Now if anyone knows how to spot ring worms it’s my mom (and that makes me proud), growing up in the bowels of

4 Comments:
you want to talk about public humiliation, try going in to get your hair cut, and after about five minuets in to it, (you know right after they cut the very fist giant gap) the lady freezes and staresat my head.then she runs over and whispers into her friends ear. they both come over with wide eyes, and after about 3 mins of examining my head and whispering intensely to each other(oh, like every other person had to come check it out too) the lady proudly declares that she has found lice in my head and she is not able to finish my hair cut. now at this point im like ready to cry (i was only like 12 at the time)and my lip starts to quiver. them my mom comes scurrying over to she what the fuss is about. she makes a big scene about me having head lice AGAIN (like once isnt enough), and i end up walking out of the shop with my tail between my legs and a half a hair cut. now, thats a bad day.
and by the way, i know you like to smell like coconuts, but leave the job of having good smelling hair to the girls. ok?
Whatever dude. Herbal Essence for EVERYONE!!! YES YES YES!!!
What Happen to Jenna Happened to me too. Only the lady was very nice about it and quite. She said "Ok, Don't freak out, but you have lice. I'm going to finish your hair cut even thought I'm not supossed to but I can't dry it. You should take it as a compliment though, Head lice only like clean hair." I had mixed feeling about that one though. I thought to myself "Head lice Bad, Clean hair Good." I, however had to call the service group I was with that morning and informe them that there children might have lice b/c of me. Not so fun. But the best way to get rid of them is you put Mayo all over your hair, put a shower cap over that and sleep on it, it will smother the little buggers.The lady that cut my hair told me that. But from that I wasn't about to put mayo on my sandwiches for like a year b/c the smell made me sick.Did I mention I was likr 17 years old!
LOL this was one of the Google ads i got:
"Homepathic Ringworm Cure
100% Organic. No pain or scarring. Doctor Recommended. Money back"
Post a Comment
<< Home