Thursday, January 26, 2006

I'm not making this up...

Normally when I’m waiting to see my doctor, I zone out by watching Ace Ventura on my iPod. But today I decided to fly solo, since it’s always a hassle to have things in your pocket at the chiropractor. As soon as I sign in, an older eccentric lady walks in making some dum (dum is the superlative of dumb) joke to the lady behind the counter. Immediately a social red flag goes off in my mind. This lady looks talkative (and freaking crazy) and I’m the only one in the waiting area. While she continues to talk to the nurse at a speed that was unintelligible, I ease my way into a seat (all quite like). Maybe she’s like a dinosaur, if I don’t move she won’t see me. I’m not sure what they were talking about, but all of a sudden her head turns to look at me so fast, that it may not have been attached. In a matter of seconds she is upon me. Her eyes are completely open and she’s grinning like she just got Bingo. “SHAKE MY HAND! Shake my hand to see how strong my grip is!” Now I’m looking at an open out stretched hand pointed right at me. Shaking her hand was about as appealing as putting my fingers into a blender, and I’m thinking “Well… I could say I have AIDS, but I don’t think that will stop her”. With a fake smile I reached into her hand, much like I would reach into a snake’s nest. She takes hold of my hand and after about 2sec squeezes as hard as she possibly can with out losing her bowels. “Wow, that’s a pretty strong grip you have there, you could probably beat me in arm wrestling”. Note to self: don’t make sarcastic offers to crazy people. “REALLY? Let’s go right here!!!” she runs over to the seat next to me and begins to sit down. “I’m afraid I was just kidding…I don’t really want to arm wrestle you”. At this point even the nurse is starting to lose it. Then it seemed like her caffeine pills kicked in as she started to talk to me. “I’m 60 years old; wanna know what my secret is?” (I’m thinking “testosterone pills?”) “I PLAY THE PIANO at church, that’s how my HANDS are SO strong”. I was hopeful that she would have an overactive bladder that would kick in, but instead she belabored me with her church anecdotes. They typically had to do with an old guy that always flirted with her. Since he was hard of hearing, he would say things so loud that everyone would turn around and look. Right before my head imploded, I was called to see the doctor.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, is that how you normally show "Personal Interest" in others? I guess that I really have to commend you then when you go out in service.... Yeah, I think I hate people too.. haha

10:03 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

you know levi, it the littel moments like this that make life so enjoyable...at least for on-lookers.
so next time, soak it in.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't make sarcastic offers to crazy people....I'll keep that in mind. Is there a scripture warning against sarcastic offers?? :)

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lmao this was great! haha i so wish i was there...i would have died laughing..wOOT lates dude!
*michelle*

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell me this woman then proceeded to go outside, sit on a bench, drink a whole bottle of ripple wine, and then fall over face first. Seriously, I think I may know this woman.

8:10 PM  
Blogger Mr Q said...

Pedro, I mean Infante, I meant Levi,
That has been your best to date.
I pay respect to this because its real!!!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm she probably died the next day and she was trying to share her life with as many people should could before se went. To bad you foiled her plan.
Just remember every old lady that you insult now could turn into a really hot chick in the new system. Thats one to think about. You could be turning down potential girlfriends.

3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Levi,

This is Devon

i am at monica's house right now and she is making me read all your stupid diary entry's... so ya what the heck you talk like a werido...

like i mean who the heck knows things like ice cream was made in 400 B.C.??? Did you like copy that from the awake or something?

i mean come on do you really have that much time to research the whole history of ice cream? or are you in love with it or something. and you wrote like a whole essay on chapstick.

you are just strange its kinnda scary how you write. it freaks me out.

ya so im writing a really long comment to you.

but ya you are sort of funny i guess in a weird, crazy, strange way.

but i like your sense of humor.

keep up the good work.

ya so im gonna let you go weirdo.

*DEVON*

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home