
I love ice cream. Since I just polished off a bowl of sherbet, I felt compelled to share my feelings on the matter. I was startled to find out that this frozen delight was enjoyed by the Persians in its earliest form around
400 BCE “as something like a cross between a sorbet and a rice pudding“. I strongly feel that ice cream is the greatest food ever. This food has the unique ability to bring a feeling of contentment and bliss. I mean, if war-torn third-world countries that are situated in the desert had access to an ample supply of ice cream, I feel they could resolve their problems without fighting. If I was a World Power that wanted to subdue a county, I would drop quarts of Breyers instead of propaganda pamphlets. A desert farmer in the area would start eating the ice cream and say, “Well I’m not sure about their form of government, but this stuff is delicious!” Yes ice cream is quite persuasive; they even say that “the key to a man’s heart is though his stomach”. I used to think that this only applied to socially inept farm folk, but that may not be entirely true. If a woman walked up to me with a bowl of pecan pie and ice cream and said “I hope you enjoy this recently baked pecan pie topped with vanilla ice cream…” I think that “Endless Love” might start playing in the back of my head. People wonder why obesity is becoming a national epidemic, well ill tell you why: Grandmothers. It’s not really my fault that I love ice cream so much. As a small child my grandmother would give me ice cream for just about anything (kinda like how my mom would give me Dimetapp for anything). Grandma I don’t feel well, “Have some ice cream”, or Grandma I’m hungry, “Have some ice cream”, and my favorite: Grandma I’m cold, “Have some ice cream”. 150 years ago Grandmothers would have given the children apples, or maybe a salt-lick.
4 Comments:
"Ice cream is a dish best served cold....Even if you're cold...and it's winter." - Levi's Grandmother.
I don't know though. I think it still depends on WHO gives you the ice cream. I mean would you take ice cream, although delightful and deliciously good looking (the ice cream), from a woman with her teeth falling out and hair growing out her moles on her face that complement her mustache? And just before she hands you that afternoon delight, she blows her nose into her and and then gives you a bowl of ice cream. Ugh.. Nasty!
However, I do believe that Ice cream can make you feel good when you're down. Just don't take it from creepy old people. Or strangers...Unless they're ridiculously good looking...and not trying to poison you...and trolls. NEVER EVER take ice cream from trolls.
I love Ice Cream. In fact I Scream for Ice Cream.
How does he know that ridiculously good looking people wouldn't try to poison you?
fjribg
Ridiculously good looking people in general are much nicer than ugly people. Ugly people are abused social outcasts, and have a lot more to be angry about then pretty people. LOL just kidding this is totally not true; everyone knows its whats on the inside that counts. The exterior beauty amounts to nothing, and will provide no benefit or use in today’s world where people view others for who they are, not what they look like.
levi if you ever loose your job as a computer nerd i think there is a definate future in writing. your stories are so amusingly(is that a word? whatever) FUNNY!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home