
Cha! So we are driving along and out pops giant green 3D glasses from the glove box, and I’m all like “photo op!” The following is the picture that was taken. When I saw it I immediately thought I resembled the O RLY Owl. For those that don’t understand why “Oh Really?” is spelled “O RLY?” let me give you a crash course in 1337 sP34k(or leet speak). How it began is beyond the scope of this Blog (if your terrifically bored you can read the history
here), what we will focus on is why and in what context it is used. It’s basically computer hacker

nerd talk that was invented by total slusers (im going to start sprinkling it in this post). Typically only 12yr old kids that play video games to much actually chat like this… an example might be that they beat you in teh game you are playing. You might see something like this: “I pwned j00 n3wb L0L!!1!!1!111” which would be translated “I owned (or beat) you newb (or rookie)”. Sometimes its just fun to use leet in everyday speech, like replacing “the” with “teh”. Instead of saying “oh you got burned!!” when someone gets insulted, try saying “PWNED!” You can even go to websites like
this one that will translate your lame speak into leet speak (i.e. “n0W 4nyON3 C4N B3 4 h_G3 D0rk!” or “Now anyone can be a huge dork!”). Wow, I was just thinking that your nerdness level after reading this has gone up so high, that you just might get pantsed in public. The funny thing is that the only thing you’d do about it is go home, and post about it on your Blog. LOL Meyess you are one step closer to Nerdhood.
6 Comments:
Man, Jensen, Ryan and I were JUST talking about that and the beginnings of where and why these things came from. Coincidence, or just a confirmation that Geekness has spread beyond control??
1 d0N't TH1nK j00 w1Ll contr0L 1t H4 h4 HA EVERy0n3 WIlL sO0N 5pE4K l1kE tHi5!
wH4T W45 3v3N w0r5E w45 TH4T i |_|Nder5T0Od yO|_|R 8lOG. H0w 54d 15 tHAT. I kn0W, 8|_|t 4t lE45T 1 C4N D4NC3 0R th4t'5 WHaT I L3t My53LPh THInK.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I think a 40+ yr old man was posing as a small child, and wanted to know if we wanted to come over to his house to play video games... and im all like "O RLY? only if you mario kart 64" SIKE i diddt delete it, the person that posted it did.
hahahaha yeah, you know you love the Flipside tunes!
Post a Comment
<< Home