Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Cats

It seems you like cats or you don’t. Not a whole lot of people are riding the fence trying to decide if they love or hate the little guys. Most come to adore the furry little rascals, I mean when you walk in and there’s a little kitten rolling around in a laundry basket full of warm clothes, who doesn’t. I tell you who don’t, people who have had a traumatic experience with the feline horrors. They were probably six and a half, walking into the kitchen. They take a sip of Kool Aid and a demented cat leaps off the refrigerator onto their head and bits them in a vampire style fashion on the back of their neck. Maybe as an adult they had a miserable little monster attack them at night. Its 3am and you are stumbling into the bathroom. All of a sudden its play time for Smokey and he’s now attached to your leg and is chewing on your kneecap. I think that cats and dogs are somewhat gender specific. I say this because historically women have favored cats and men have favored dogs. It only seems in the last 100 years that this stereotype has proved false. This leads me to conclude that eventually some humanistic qualities rubbed off onto these animals (kind of a stretch, but stay with me). Now Dogs would have gained qualities such as loyalty, devotion, and courage. Cats on the other hand, would have gained the quality that woman imbue the most; pure evilness. Now the great thing is that, cats got all the good parts of the evil. It’s that mischievous kind of attitude that we love, they didn’t get the part that ruin lives or start wars. I hate to say this, but this is also probably why cats are typically much smarter and cleaner than dogs. My only consolation is that most cats scare easy, which allows me to get back at them. I would say the worst thing I have done to my cat is scare him, while he was under a glass table. He was sniffing a piece of apparently “questionable” paper when I moved my foot real quick. He jumped straight into the air, and needless to say it was quite enjoyable.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you may be on to something there. "Pure Evilness".... Now that is quite intriguing.

1:43 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I guess your cat blog wasn't to popular. Woman Hater!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

amen! you go girl!

3:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i second jimmy's thought PURE EEEEVILNESS!!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like Mike Meyers says it in So I married an Axe Murder, it's "Evil, as in the Devil". Have to make sure to pronounce it right just like he said it.

7:06 PM  
Blogger Vegan Runner Mommy said...

More like "the frueits of the Devil"

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home