Thursday, January 12, 2006

Smooth move Romeo…

Usually when I regress into stupidity it’s when I’m driving, but at times it shows up out of nowhere. I especially love it when it happens when I’m at social gatherings, such as last weekend’s Swing Dance Extravaganza. I walked up to the drink table since I was partially dehydrated from my sickness. Normally I would opt for water, but that’s when I noticed the grape soda hanging out in the back. All of a sudden I’m like “Dear Diary, Jackpot!” I should have noticed that something was amiss, but instead I started dancing to the music (yes, I’m still by myself at the drink table). To open the soda I held it up, near my chest so it could dance with me (mistake number 1). Then I twisted off the cap very quickly to the beat of the music (wow that sounds sooo…well anyway… mistake number 2). As the purple foam exploded about 5in into the air, I just watched it thinking: “Wow, there’s no way this is going to turn out good” (mistake number 3). Finally after about 2sec I’m thinking “I really should try to stop this horrible grape volcano” and I slap my hand over the top of the lid. A lot of good that did since half of the 2 liters had already escaped. I came out of the ordeal ok, but I can’t say the same for my sweater vest and the table cloth. Speaking of which, who puts down a nice white lace cloth on the drink table anyway? I walked back to the kitchen and asked for a towel since I had spilled grape soda. They look around, and hand me a single napkin. I’m all like “right, umm… let me be more specific…” so anyway I round up a ton of napkins and clean up the mess. Afterwards I just sat down to try to recapture my dignity while enjoying a nice tall glass of the Grape. The night continued to get progressively better so all was not lost.


In other news…

I’m still sick! I have been trying more natural remedies. I’m not to sure how drinking warm un-pasteurized goat milk mixed with honey and lime juice is going to help me get better? Right now I’m listening to “Sunday Bloody Sunday by U2” and “Move Along by All American Rejects”, and I would classify these songs as “feel good music”.


P.S. I just realized I have a fever so I’m off to the doctor :(

4 Comments:

Blogger Vegan Runner Mommy said...

haha yes... i saw the splaterings! But at least it was dark in there so no one noticed... right?

11:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I thought it was smooth move Ex Lax??? Well any way it’s ok to be special. Lots of people are, you’re not alone. They had a whole Olympics full of them. They really should put directions on those bottles anyway. I have trouble with them sometimes myself... it's ok. There there don't cry.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you can possibly blame the whole even to the fact that you were heavily sedated with drugs and were experiencing Vertigo from your sickness. But then how do you explain the same indidence when you're NOT sick?

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like something I would do oh boy! I can't believe your still sick.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home