Car Problems
You never know what you have until you lose it, in this case… a turbo charger. Last week sometime I was driving along “spirited” when all of a sudden the throttle became mushy. I stopped at a red light and didn’t think too much of it until the light turned green. As I accelerated forward I waited to hear the melodious sound of my turbo spooling, much like old people enjoy the pleasantness of a songbird in the morning. I mashed the pedal as I downshifted again, waiting for the car to lunge forward and for the tires to scream “神聖な牽引の損失の従卒!” (The wheels are wearing Yokohamas… hence the Japanese) But the only thing I heard was the sound of the exhaust bellowing like a wounded humpback whale. I watched the RPM needle to see how fast it would climb but all of a sudden it was like it was made of lead! Worse than the fact my car was limping around the road like a wounded animal was the fact that I had become my own worst nightmare… a tricked out import that couldn’t beat my grandmother’s Grand Marquee. All of a sudden I heard this voice say: “You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: 95hp!” and I was all like “NOOooo! What have I done? My world is crumbling all around me!” But then I let it cool for about an hour and it started working again. WHEW! That was a close one. As it turns out the only thing that was really damaged was our relationship. I just don’t feel like we can trust each other… and I think that our parting, although sudden and painful, is inevitable.
WHOO HOO new car baby!!!

2 Comments:
you are getin rid of the VW shocking!!!!!
If you get a red Jetta the only word I have for you is: jealous.
Hahaha Whoa man. That would totaly stink to feel that sudden loss. So what ARE you going to do? You might as well get something to keep up "Ore no kuruma". Boku no Evo DESU!! (Just something to keep up with your Japanese qoutes, which btw, I'm impressed.)
Post a Comment
<< Home