Misc.
Here’s a small compilation of thoughts floating around in my twisted jungle of synapses:
I must say that I love drinking lukewarm water. I'm not sure when, but some years ago I stopped drinking cold water altogether, and I cant really think of why. The only reasons that I can come up with is that I wanted to subconsciously prepare myself to face the hardships of living on a deserted island in case I happened to crash land somewhere over the pacific. Without electricity, refrigeration would be very difficult and among other things, I would be forced to drink warm water. Or it could be that fact that I like the idea that your body can use warm water faster than cold since it doesn't require heating, thus bringing the refreshing, hydrating effects of water to your system sooner. Either way ice cold water is highly overrated. This reminds me that in restaurants I will often order my beverage without ice so that I can drink the maximum amount of soda that the volume of the cup will allow. The beauty of this is the fact the fountain drinks are already cold… you don't need ice…GENIUS!!! Now normally you could just order a refill, BUT… what if the restaurant charges for refills… OR if you're driving through say a Burger King, refills just aren't an option. And when everyone else is still thirsty and trying to drink melted ice water, you can savor the victory in the form of 10 extra fl oz that came in place of the ice.

6 Comments:
I do the same thing. My Mom got me started on ordering my drinks with out Ice. But them when we got to Ecuador you weren't able to order anything with ice b/c of the whole "Don't Drink the Water" thing. So from then on I don't really put ice in anything...unless it's a warm soda, but then you have to drink it really fast so the ice doesn't melt, but then the soda never got a chance to cool down. Thats why I like frosted Mugs. They work great and your drink doesn't get watered down. And that's what I have to say about that.
OMG Levi, that is sooo true. like i walk down this morning for my glass of OJ, and guess who is sitting on the couch surfing the web and checking her email. and im like, "gosh mom, its not even noon yet." and its kind of creepy when all of the sudden she starts bursting out laughing, and she is just sitting there, all by her lonesome. the Internet has really changed her. now instead of yelling at us to come downstairs and do some work, she just...types it. and mean, i used to feel bad for her cuz she stays home all day by herself, now, when i come home form school i have a whole slue of FWD: form mom.
and i totally disagree with the ice thing. i CANNOT drink anything, besides milk and OJ, without ice. and it absolutely preteves me that they feel the whole cup with ice, but what are you going to do? your not supposed to dink that much when you eat anyway. i would sacrifice quantity for quality
AHHH YOUR MOM ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
don't let her go to the dark side. well i wonder how long until she'll have a blog.....
Yeah, the soda usually gets mixed with water and the solution of the soda comes from cases that are usually in a refridgerator somewhere in the Restuarant. But I did that too when I drank sodas. But I thought maybe it's just Because I'm Ilocano and I wanted to get the most out of my money...
So what your saying is you watched LOST now you are preparing your self for a similar situation by not having Ice in your drinks??
Well I don’t really watch TV…but yes like LOST. Oh, except for the fact that the island wouldn’t be a sentient being, and there wouldn’t be polar bears, dinosaurs, secret underground bunkers with elaborate puzzles, and flashbacks… among other things.
Post a Comment
<< Home