The Dentist appointment
Because of recent tooth/cavity problems my dentist gave me a temporary filling, then asked me to return in 4 weeks to see if I would need a root canal. The only problem was that Tuesdays are “Amateur Night” at Waterford Dentistry. Well I flop into the chair and start watching the movie Madagascar, 30 sec later the doctor teleports next to me and starts spooling up his “pain train” tooth drill. He asks me “sooo do you want any anesthetics?” “YES please! … I love anesthetics …” So after the doctor motions to her, the nurse globs some into the general area of the tooth in question. Well I don’t exactly know what I’m supposed to do with this stuff once it’s in my mouth, so I try not to swallow the anesthetic. Soon the tooth goes slightly numb, followed shortly thereafter by my tongue, and throat since I ended up swallowing all of it. Now the last time I had this work done the doctor told me what he was doing, made one injection of anesthetic, then gave me safety goggles, and finally began drilling. This doctor made three injections and then started to drill. Watching the movie was out of the question since filling chips were now flying into my eyes. The doctor was real funny though, he would ask something nicely the first time then freak out if he didn’t get results within 1.5 sec “Levi, I need you to open your mouth wider please...(**1.5 sec pass**)…OPEN WIDER!” Then the following dialog ensued:
Doctor: I some of the base cement… Hey Levi, how you doing? Ok good… BASE CEMENT!
Nurse: well all we have is this kind
Doctor: Fine! Just give it here!
**applies cement to tooth**
Nurse: Are you ready for the cure?
Doctor: Yea, go ahead and cure it...
**nurse shoves x ray gun into my mouth**
Doctor: Wait! Don’t…just don’t hit him in the tooth!
Nurse: Should we cure it again?
Doctor: Yes but dear, be gentle… (**1.5 sec pass**) BE GENTLE!
Well after the doctor is done filing the tooth down (takes him like 5 tries) I’m all done. The nurse with a completely straight face tell me that I will need to come back for a checkup, then tells me I have something on my face and busts out laughing. So I walk into the bathroom expecting some drool smeared all over and look into the mirror. I have little pieces of the old filling covering my face to point that I almost looked like a mime. Later that afternoon I loaded up both my grandmothers into their car and drove them over to my sister’s graduation.
To be continued…
Sneak preview:
Nan: “Levi…increase the window wiper speed by one click…and check driving lights”
Levi: “Window wiper speed increased…and lights are a go…”
2 Comments:
Yet another reason to hate going to the dentist-not to mention the guilt trip they give you for chewing gum and drinking dark soda. I bet they're all bitter, recovering caffeine addicts. Oh, and that little cliffhanger is riveting...what will happen next?!
Next time on: "Driving Miss Nana"....
Levi- "So how do I enter that corner again?
Nan- " Apply pressure to the brake with your toe, while simultaneously giving some gas with your heel while you engage your clutch. Then down shift, coast into the apex and give it throttle while you exit out."
Levi- "Sweet! So now that I'm drifting, do I need to worry about that curb?".....
Post a Comment
<< Home