Shopping
It all started last week when my mom left me in charge of the nest in her absence. My father and sister were much to dependant to be left with the responsibility of caring for the home. Last time my mother left Dad in charge, he started a fire in the bathroom with a never fully explained “candle” fiasco (the fireman laughed it up). My sister… well I think we all know that she flushed her cell phone down the toilet, enough said. So it was up to me to take care of things, one of them being shopping for food. I really don’t mind doing this, since we can finally eat real food (like guava and cream cheese pastries and knock off fruity pebbles cereal), as opposed to “whole wheat bread” or the like. I must say though that I was a little rusty on the shopping procedure in general. I first couldn’t decide if I wanted to carry a basket or push a cart. So I stood in the door way for about 45sec until a cashier asked me if everything was alright. I told him that “Yes, a basket is definitely the way to go”. He laughed as I picked up my basket and went off to shop. He laughed again as I walked back to return the basket and get a cart. After sometime I was able to find a cart with adequate steering and suspension capabilities (that are needed for hard cornering). I pushed it into Win Dixie and accidentally ran into one of the posts that were protecting the door. Apparently it was plastic because it was pushed half way down to the ground. I kept walking because it’s not my fault they don’t have mini carts for people that aren’t used to driving large vehicles. So I shopped around for the important items, so that I can build some nachos. I came across the diary section and went to pick up some milk, when I saw it...EGG NOG! I check the dairy section all year round for egg nog, hoping that just maybe someone will start carrying it year round. Why is this seasonal product anyway? Who had the bright idea of only selling it 3 months a year? And its not like you can buy it from a specialty store, or off of the internet… no someone bans egg nog for 9 months which is an abomination of my rights as outlined in the constitution (umm, I cant back that up). This is why it’s so totally understandable that I let out a very shrill shriek when I found that finally my wait was over. Naturally I bought 2 jugs so that I could have my own from which to drink. A little flustered, I finished up the trip and decided to check out. I got in line, and fortunately another cashier opened a register and flagged me in. I raced into the empty line and accidentally ran into the little refrigerator that housed all of the chilled bottled drinks. After running into that my cart banged into the magazine rack, I didn’t knock anything over but the cashier had to inspect everything since it sounded like the aisle was about to fall over. Again I took no responsibility for the under sized aisles and proceeded to buy my food items. I raced home and unloaded the Mini only to find that the only thing better than having a gallon of egg nog, is another half gallon of egg nog! My sister knew my affinity for the almost chewy mixture of eggs and milk and had picked some up for me. Now I would truly be able to have as many glasses as I wanted without having to feel like it needed to be rationed out. What I need to find is some sort of egg nog black market (a Google search for said market has proved fruitless) where I can buy my beverage all year round.

13 Comments:
I guess that's why girls shop. and I'm pretty sure that a simple mixture of eggs, sugar, cream, and at times alcohol, can be found in a recipe book/online.
lol..wwait egg-nog is back in the stores!!!!...looks like i need to take a trip down the street!!!WOOTness!! btw..maybe you should leave the "shopping" to Jenna and the "house stuff" for urself.lol
I don't know the constitution really, really, well, but there has got to be some part in there that allows every 21year-old to exercise his right to purchase some rations of RUM!!
:)
I've done the gallon challenge before... One gallon of whole milk in an hour without throwing up in an hour... Of course I didn't pace myself right and I drank almost the whole gallon in 15 minutes and puked all of that out at min marker 17.....
Just wondering what kind of "fun" you could have with the massive stockpile of Eggnog you have at the present moment... I think that's my engine you hear down your street right now.
This morning my mom woke up and decided to make me some delicious egg nog french toast (with powdered sugar on top)! The only thing better than egg nog is more egg nog, and the only thing better than that is egg nog with bread and more sugar.
Looks like you have a fever Levi..... and the only cure for you is MORE EGG NOG!!
Jimmy you totally just ruined the COW BELL...
Very interesting story Levi. Maybe the cashier thought you already drank some egg nog cause of you running into things. Oh well, the grocery store never sells the "good" egg nog. Well anyway, enjoy your reserves Levi.
I FEEL THE SAME WAY!
I always drink it out of a really small glass so it lasts longer but then after like 7 or 8 glasses I should have saved time and just got a big glass. I think it's a mind thing.
The only thing I hate about it, though, is when your trying to get the few last drops out of your glass and the thick egg nog, that I so love,is now stuck to the side of your glass, taunting you, so your now foced to see if you can lick it out. Hence the good idea to use a small glass.
Yea! then it gets on your face, then it gets on your arm when you try to wipe it off, then it gets on your other hand when you wipe off your arm... it can get pretty messy. Thats why I just drink so much that when I get to the bottom of the glass I'm sick of it, and don't mind wasting.
hahaha in your face.....and best of all, in your mouth!
ok GAG!!! What is a 'Nog' any who?? The only way to stomach Egg Nog is with rum in it. But even then it's a messy mix of chunks of what were chickens and their farm friends 'the cows' milk. Still... gross....
I did laugh at the cart story! haha! Good thing you don't drive the Mini like that!!!
Umm....But he DOES drive the Mini like that!!
BUSTED!
Was kinda hoping that one would just slide by...
Post a Comment
<< Home